An air fryer twist on the classic childhood recipe - Pop Tarts! And let's face it you'll have fun decorating your favorite childhood treat!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- strawberry jam
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- red food coloring
- 1 tbsp warm water
- rainbow sprinkles
- Combine the flour and the yogurt to make your dough. Knead it until it forms a ball and then roll it out onto a floured surface. Cut into 16 rectangles.
- For your strawberry pop tarts, add a few teaspoons of strawberry jam onto 4 of the rectangles. Cover with another rectangle and pinch the sides closed with a fork.
- For the Nutella pop tarts, add a few teaspoons of Nutella onto 4 rectangles and a few thin slices of bananas. Cover with another rectangle and pinch the sides closed with a fork.
- Place the pop tarts 1-2 at a time in the air fryer basket with perforated parchment paper (optional). Air fry at 400°F for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Allow to cool after air frying.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ¼ cup powdered sugar, cream, vanilla, and a drop of food coloring. When mixed, spread onto pop tarts and top with sprinkles.
- For the Nutella pop tarts, combine the rest of the powdered sugar and warm water in a small mixing bowl. Then, spread onto the remaining pop tarts. Let the glaze harden and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like